Property maintenance comes as part and parcel of being a property owner. Painting, redecorating, gardening and cleaning out gutters are all standard tasks that need to be carried out to ensure that your London property is maintained to an acceptable standard. So why is pest control any different and so often seen as a grudge purchase?
Pest Control is Part of Regular Property Maintenance
Top Dog Pest Control often receives the same response from London property owners in regards to making pest control part of a regular maintenance routine – “we’ll deal with it when it happens”.
The problem with this approach is two-fold:
- The cost of emergency pest control is considerably higher than preventative pest control.
- There is a significant risk for London businesses, particularly those in the food trade. If pest control issues do arise, a food establishment could be closed down with immediate effect. Earlier in the year, a central London restaurant was closed down days after refusing a free survey from Top Dog Pest Control.
Some London businesses believe putting money away in a rainy day fund each month is enough, in case problems such as pest control arise. This money would be much better invested in a pest-proofing scheme, such as our Pest Inspection Packages.
Top Dog Pest Inspection Packages
Top Dog Pest Control offers a way that London property owners, and especially businesses, can pest-proof their premises, limiting the risk of pest control issues arising. Pest Inspection Packages are a cost-effective way of making pest control part of a regular property maintenance routine.
Three levels of protection are provided, depending on the type of business, the building and its location. Top Dog Pest Control initially carries out a free survey before recommending the appropriate level.
Advantages of Pest Inspection Packages:
Infestations are much easier and quicker to treat the earlier they are found.
- Pest inspection packages hugely limit the risk of you needing emergency call outs for pest control, making budgeting more efficient.
- Huge loss of stock due to infestations can be avoided.
- Your all important reputation is protected.
Signing up to a pest inspection package shows due diligence if you were to be inspected by health and safety.
What Pests are Covered?
Top Dog Pest Control covers a wide range of pests, including but not limited to:
- Bed Bugs
- Cluster Flies
Our expert technicians know the tell tale signs of each individual pest – signs that are often missed by the inexperienced. Your dedicated team will immediately put into play an action plan, tailored both to your London business and the type of pest that has been identified.
What Industries are Covered?
Although food establishments are a key industry that is in need of pest prevention, Top Dog Pest Control provides services to many others.
- Hotels – a single sighting of pests at a hotel will lead to bad reviews and loss of reputation.
- Medical – committed and bound to protecting the well-being of their patients, properties providing medical services need to ensure their environment is 100% sanitary.
Warehouses – pests such as rodents can be rife in warehouses. Often used to store food, they provide shelter and food for the pests, along with plenty of hiding places to nest and breed.
Stop Holding a Pest Control Grudge
Top Dog Pest Control urges you to stop holding a pest control grudge. We understand it’s extra money, and extra money can be scarce these days. However, we deal with businesses all too often that end up paying thousands in fines and emergency pest control when they are caught out for not making pest control part of their property maintenance.
This article was written by Dean Mannion, Senior Pest Control Technician for Top Dog Pest Control who provide London pest control services.